August 23, 2014
I just edited a friend's novel and here's what she said: I just want to thank you for your careful reading, the very valuable suggestions and editing, and your enthusiastic support for the story as a whole. You're the best! The novel is going to be much improved as a result.
August 17, 2009
1. Do more research
2. Get out your special pen and paper
3. Free writing for 5 minutes, no stopping or editing
4. Write as if a letter to a friend.
5. Make yourself do it.
6. Understand your structure.
7. Make a list of characters and situations, cut into strips of paper and put in separate bags; pull out 2 characters and situation and construct a story. (Play.)